Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Chit Chat and this n that

Hello Neighbors !
 
Bright & Breezy here today in NE Ohio,  I feel like spring cleaning, it's so nice to open up the windows after the chilly weekend. I love a breezy day. I 've got a whole chicken thawing in the fridge, and today it's going in the oven to roast, and soon it will smell wonderful in the homestead and about the neighborhood as the windows are open, at least for now.
I'll roast that bird, and then I'll soak that bird to get all the flavor for a soup stock, whatever meat is left, tomorrow is Chimichonga night with the leftover meat. You all ever do that too?  It is a great meal stretcher 3-4 meals off of one chicken.
 
 I've already started gathering the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner, I found a bag of cranberries for $1.79, that's a good price, usually around here they are 2.00 and up, until after Thanksgiving.  Do you make your cranberries from scratch too? My oldest likes to make the Cranberries sauce.  I buy at least one item each grocery trip, oh and I got the canned milk for the punkin pie. Maybe this year I'll make the cream cheese pumpkin roll up. 
 
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. 
 
I've been thinking about sewing something, we did find some material at a fabric store in Amish, Berlin Ohio   Zincks, it has Tanks all over it, not my particular cup of tea, but then, I'm not a 13 year old boy, we've been through the cars, and star wars, and now it's tanks. Dad and Son are going camping this weekend with the Scouts, so it will be a good time for me to do some sewing, I'm not great at it, but I can make a simple pair of casing curtains. I found some other lovely fabric, I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I'll figure out something.
 
Well, Laundry awaits me.
Enjoy your day whatever it holds for you :)
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

Weather is nice here in SC. Have you tried "roasting" your chicken in the crock pot? All you have to do is season chicken and put in crockpot. No water or stock needed. Delicious!

Faith said...

Never thought of it actually, do you still get that most heavenly smell wafting through the house?

Thread N Stitches said...

Your page is so pretty. I love to try out new recipe's.

Leaving the light on for you