Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, October 23, 2015

I'm in a craft funk

viHowdy Neighbors,
 
 
 
I really do want to make something, really I do. I've picked up hook n thread and dibble dabbled around to no avail I soon loose interest. Sometimes I think that movin the hook days are well behind me, I've hit my peak and am on the downhill side. I don't know what happened.
 
It's 7:00 am and still dark, I took the pooch outside and the sky was so clear and bright, so many stars
Venus is bright in our sky recently...amazing. I love to star gaze. Washing machine is waltzing, and even though I don't have to get my son up for school, I am still up at my usual time, visiting with you and having a cuppa waiting for dawn.
 
My living room is cluttered with large man things, tents, sleeping bags and such, by the late afternoon it will be all tidied up again, till they return home and it get's put away, a temporary  distraction, I have to tell myself.  My husband is a good Father, he is an active participant in our son's Boy Scout adventure. Nice memories for them both I suspect.
  
My husband and youngest are off this evening for a Boy Scout Camp out, and so today I'll bake some brownies for them to take, and I think I'll make some wedding soup with the leftover broth, there isn't a lot of broth for the family, not enough to freeze and so some soup will be good, I like wedding soup with it's little meatballs and greens and those tiny noodles.
 
This is the Brownie Recipe I use, all in one bowl, in the oven and wha la you have brownies. I  have gotten this recipe off the internet somewhere and I can't take credit for it, and I can't give proper credit for it. At one time I had my recipe's saved until I had to do a back to the beginning with this computer and lost everything. Oh Bother.
 
Dawn in breaking, hushed tones of  the lightest pink. silouhettes the  trees in the front yard.
 
 
On to the Brownies 
 
3/4 Cup AP flour
1 cup sugar
5 tbls cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
 
Combine and mix well.
 
350 degrees for 25-30 min ( oven temp  vary ) Mine go for 20-25 check your batch
 
That is it for today dear ones.
Enjoy your sunrise.
 
 
 
 

No comments: