Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

It is the simple things which really do capture my heart.


A blast post from the past..I hope you enjoy reading and looking at my little special "kitchy" cupboard.


 Keeping this simple....I'm letting Kitchy do all
the talking...well some of it, I can't keep quiet.This is Kitchy at the Flea Market Store in Amish Country. She stayed there 3 years in the same place in the corner, outside all alone. Each time we went I would check to see if it was still there,and was glad that she was for I wanted her for my very own. Logistics of getting her home questionable.  I finally just had to have her,  I could see her charm, and just knew that she would be perfect in my little kitchen, filled with beauties from the hook n thread. :) 


In the corner where she waited for me 3 years.  Outside under the awning, she waited for me.
She did fit in the back of the Escape, gratefully an inch to spare, the seats folded down, I sat in the back with her all the way home. She "as a small hole in her side, which I chose not fix, my husband suggested putting a little "sputzy" in there, it works for me.
 
I painted her a cream colored off white. And fashioned her up with glass doorknobs, I love glass doorknobs, I'm kinda like Aunt Clara from Bewitched, I collect them when I can.  
 
. Tassie is up on top...see that Pat? Hooks and Books
A special place for Tassie..:) The potholder Gloria Crochet Galore  made me in the swaparoo adorns the drawer. And in the header collage, you'll see two doilies which I won in a giveaway from By hooks 4 you
 
 
Enjoy your day :)

10 comments:

Suzy said...

Found you through the blog hop over at Deborah Jean's. I love the peacefulness of your blog. Looks like we both share a love of vintage as well! Became your newest Linky Follower. Would love four you to stop by! Blessings
Suzy
http://bitsofthepastantiquesandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

Love how it turned out. Just bought an old crocheted pot holder from a resale shop today. I am collecting some and when I get enough I am going to hang on the bulk head above my kitchen sink. Need a few more though because it is a lot of space to fill. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping, I'll be over to visit with you to be sure...Brenda stop at my shoppe and see if there are any potholders you may like...they are vintage in nature.

Teri said...

Dear Faith ... just love your little vintage cupboard ... it is so, so sweet! Thank you for visiting my "little space" and for your kind words! Sweetest blessings for your weekend! Hugs ♥ Teri

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Really sweet Faith! And, that little birdie just makes it! So clever!

Kateri said...

It turned out beautifully, I would say!

pattas said...

I love what you have done :)) that cute little bird peeking out the side is just adorable.. You certainly have a knack for interior decorating :))
I love practical stoves.
Have a great week Faith :))

Charlotte Huffman said...

I love when treasures wait on us to make up our mind! Love it!

Patricia @ CorninmyCoffee-pot said...

Hi Faith- I love this cupboard . She looks like she was made for you! Is it a 'corner' cupboard? Or is she just standing there looking pretty?! Have a great week

Faith said...

Hi Pat,
Kitchy is free standing. I've never seen anything like it, and would love to know what her original purpose was, or where she was kept in the home. Thank you for stopping over

Leaving the light on for you