Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Leaving the light on for you

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Playing Pretend remember that?

Greetings !
 
Yesterday I posted about attending a Virtual Tea Party held by Colonial Quills, I stumbled upon this lovely place about 1 month ago in my quest for finding out anything in the Colonial period, and what I found was even more.
 
Do you like to read books?  Do you like to read historical books?  Do you like to read anything f rom the Colonial to Edwardian periods?
 
Colonial Quills ( Colonial American Christian Writers ) had a virtual tea party, to celebrate the release of October books. They showcased 5 authors and their books at the Tea Party, it is hosted on their blog Colonial Quills, and their facebook event page. To help celebrate you can choose a beautiful dress to wear and you post about it. Comments on the blog and facebook prizes/giveaways by the authors who are hosting the party.
 
You can interact with the other members of the Tea Party, and the authors, ask questions, and make comments, your put into the hopper for giveaways. Its so easy and fun.  Remember playing pretend when you were a little girl?  It's still fun to pretend what if. 
 
I chose this dress
and since I was making bread yesterday, I took some nice warm bread too. I really like this dress and wish that I could wear it for real, it is in my favorite color burgundy/cranberry. I love the insert of the different fabric down the front, it is so simple and yet so elegant.
 
I won a Quill Pen for participating, just by commenting. Really?  So much fun.
 Carla Olson Gade's photo.
 
 Cool huh ?  I'm so tickled about it.
 

No comments: