Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Vintage Head Vase

 
Found this lovely at a Flea Market about 4 or 5 years ago. Love the Pearls, it is my favorite thing about this lovely lady,,maybe from the 50' or 60's, I call her Gidget.  Ladies still dressed up when they went anywhere, and looked charming and ladylike. Little girls had someone to look up to and learn how to act like a lady.  
 
I thought it would be fun to have a get together to share our love of vintage beauty, and celebrate ladylike ( when was the last time you heard that word ).  Do you have a head vase Lady?
 
I don't or have not collected these as they can be pricey, I don't have the room in my curio cabinet,
but I wouldn't be opposed to maybe one more, a even more vintage one with an updo, pearls, and lovely gloves.  But if not, I still have Gidget.
 
Tell us about your Head Vase so we can visit.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Charlotte Huffman said...

I found a head vase several years ago at a yard sale for 25 cents! At the time I didn't really know the value of head vases, I just liked it. After that one, any others I found were out of my price range.

Faith said...

25 cents is a very good price. I only just learned of these treasures myself. They are lovely and pricey. Thank you for stopping by Charlotte.