Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I''m not blue, but this is.

I'm happy to standing outside this November day in NE Ohio without a coat, and sunshine and blue sky overhead. We are having a brief interlude of Indian Summer here, we've had our hard frost and the thermometer is now in the 70's ( degrees).  For this time of year this is not typical, I'll take it, for soon and for what seems like a real long time it will be more typical.
 
Doing chores this morning, washing floors and such, shaking some rugs outside to freshen up, I couldn't help but notice the sky, do you ever look up? I'm sure there is a fancy scientific name for cloud watchers.  I'm always amazed at the awesomness of the sky, the colors, shapes and variations of the clouds is a feast for the eyes, I never grow tired of looking up, it is such a simple pleasure, and in these days of people looking down while they are doing everything, on their phones and whatnot, they miss a lot of beauty, which is natural and free for us to enjoy.
 
So...I captured this lovely sky today...Enjoy
 
 
And another gift from my MIL, she crocheted this one herself long ago. It now sits under the milk glass candy dish she also gave me. So Lovely.
 
 
I take lousy pictures, but you get the drift.
 

 
#2 cowl poncho, it needs a wee bit more finishing on the ends. I've started #3, and am only on the cowl so far, possible craft fair entries next fall.
 
 
Too Da Loo :) 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Pammy Sue said...

Your poncho turned out so pretty...great colors!