Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Neighbors

We are shaped and formed

We are shaped and formed
by what we love

The Love of Vintage Potholder

The Love of Vintage Potholder
Love making these little darlins


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, November 2, 2015

Vintage Linen

Greetings !
 
If you visited here then you know from time to time I mention my lovely mother in law and her treasure trove of all things lovely.  I have posted about many of the lovelies she has passed down to me, both things which she worked on and that of Aunt Lucy and her crochet lovelies, I've posted of those too.
 
While visiting with her this weekend I inherited a few more lovelies, I  don't know where she keeps them all, I know she is a pack rat and has things loving tucked around, and she  knows where they all are located. I'll share a little each day I think. I call it "The Trove".
 
But for today, I think this is my favorite piece. Mom used to crochet, and somewhere along the line she moved over to the embroidery, she has some lovely things.
 
 
Love the colors, so perfect for this time of year, I just love this piece and the colors for this time of year. I would like to maybe put this in an oval frame. I'm afraid to cut on it, and don't want to ruin it, I'm not that crafty a sewing. So I will ask what you think you might do with this beautiful piece.
I'm sure someone will come up with something I would have never thought of.
 
Enjoy your day,
Thank you for stopping over
 
Linking up today here:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Taylor-Made Ranch said...

I have some vintage linen as well - embroidered pillow cases from my beloved grandmother. Isn't it funny how the fabric from 'back then' just feels different? Grandma's pillow cases are thick and soft and so special to me. Yes, I use them - I'd be too sad to tuck them away unseen. I have them out where I can see them and think of her every time I use them. Thanks for sharing. (stopping by from the Art of Homemaking Mondays hop)

~Taylor-Made Homestead~
Texas

Faith said...

I enjoy the hop, and thank you for stopping over. You are right, they have a different feel to them. The pillow cases are soft and cool and crisp. I rotate the lovely things she gives me around the house, I know it gives here pleasure to know that I will care for them as she did, so that I can pass them on.

Charlotte Huffman said...

Beautiful! My grandmother crocheted and tatted and my mother embroiders. I treasure anything that they did. Framing sounds like a great idea.

Faith said...

Thank you Charlotte. These are such a joy, and I do treasure them. My own mother has been gone for many many years. I don't have much from her, so when my MIL who has 4 sons gives me something it is such a delight, and warms both of our hearts.

JES said...

Such a pretty piece! I love using vintage linens in our home and like you, are afraid to cut them! I use them mostly for what they originally are or to cover tables or as little curtains and such. Thank you for linking with the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

Leaving the light on for you