Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Talking a wee bit about Thread Crochet, what's next for the hook?

Greetings!

It's been rather fall like here, I'm not complaining   I love the fall, it''s my favorite season, good sleeping weather, loverly.  Here with my cuppa and my old pooch by my feet, he's snoozing already, as if he put in a full day,  he just woke up it's 6:46 am, took care of business, had his breakfast and out like a light. The last few days there have been some beautiful cloud patterns and colors amazing. The storms in our area and movement of the fronts in/out have produced some beauties.

I went to our local farmers market this weekend, it just opened so I knew there wouldn't be alot of produce or vendors, but I got in on the eggs :) Bought a dozen eggs and when I got home there was a light blue egg amidst all the beautiful pale peach/pink ones. I havn't used them yet, they are so pretty. I'd love to have a yardbird, and a large enough yard to keep her in, so I can have some pretty eggs.
Ah....the stuff dreams are made of, I am a simple lady.

Making some progress on "Beach House" from the previous post, I think I mentioned also that the directions for this are from 1985, who? who had a printer then to enlarge the pattern?  My husband helped me graph out the pattern so that 1 square=1", and then the pattern has to be enlarged onto that paper, apparently freehand.So it is a slow go with that. I'ts probably a good thing I didn't have the directions for this beforehand or I probably would not have pursued it.

Oh Bother!
I''ve been thinking about what I will crochet for our Parish Ladies Guild Christmas party gift exchange, last year I made an angel doily.I like to make handmade, I have a slew of crochet thread, and it keeps me busy, and it is a nice personal gift with thought.

So, I've been cutting off the Calendula before it goes to seed, and letting the flowers dry. Now what do I do with it when it is dry?  What can I make with it? Is there a cream or lotion, tea?

I love things in miniature...I made this little beauty a few years ago, in fact I made about 4 or 5, I have two left, this one, and one I made for Christmastime. There is a magnet on the back, and it is on the fridge. You can find this and other lovely patterns  Bella Crochet, Elizabeh Ann does beautiful crochet work and patterns, some free, some are paid.  I have made several items from her lovely collection.



Well, that's about it for today, it feels like a hook moving day, with a little laundry on the side :)

Blessings & Joy be yours today

If you stop by, please let me know so that I can visit your place :)

No comments: