Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Another Thread Crochet Heirlooms...

I crocheted this about 2 years ago. She has held up pretty good was starched and sprayed with a sealant to combat moisture. I think I missed a spot. I had her in the basement and she needs just a little lift/tuck here and there. I'll dampen her up, reshape her and respray, hope that does the trick. This pattern I got out of the
book Reminiscent of Christmas Past #2007 Leisure Arts Leaftlet from 1992. In additin to this angel, there are smaller tree angels,a hat, heart,fan,candy canes,bell and baskets. Quite a lovely display on a tree with all thread crochet I imagine. I have not made everything in the book yet. The angel is what caught my eye. An Heirloom?  I have 2 boys...hopefully maybe someday a dear daughter in law to pass it to, or a grandaughter.
  

9 comments:

~Niki~ said...

beautiful~

Faith said...

Thank you Niki..glad to have you stop by...

glor said...

How beautiful is this angel. You do amazing detail work. For sure an heirloom. Happy evening to you!

Doris Sturm said...

This angel is lovely. I have a pattern for a thread crochet angel and I even have the stiffener and the white thread I need...I just have not had the courage to make it. Thread crochet is so hard on my eyes...but I sure do love it.

Have a nice evening (keep warm!)
Doris and Gizzy :-)

Cindy said...

Aww Faith she is so delicate looking! gorgeous!!

Hugs Cindy

Gina said...

Gorgeous angel! I think I have patterns for something similar stashed somewhere but never got around to making them. You've done a beautiful job of it!

pattas said...

She is gorgeous.. I am sure your family will cherish her :))

Faith said...

Thank you one and all for your kind
sweet comments..

Mary said...

Oh my, Faith, how delicate and beautiful.