Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blessings for your day, filled with Christmas Cheer

I love Pine trees...I think they are my favorite, plain or all dolled up...
Day 8 of Beautiful Christmas Tree countdown until Christmas Eve

9 comments:

Ann Nichols said...

This is so pretty - It immediately brought a smile to my lips!!
Blessings to you, dear "vintage" Mom(I really like that description!)
Ann
PS I'd love for you to stop by and please enter my GIVEAWAY!

Faith said...

Hi Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to stop by my place and visit a while.
The tree is pretty isn't it? Simple,and vintage, warm, and cozy although outside in the town square.I glad it made you smile..it warmed my heart when I saw it. I hope you'll come back again..and I will pop over and give you a visit..

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, what a lovely Christmas tree - have a blessed day!

crochet lady said...

I like the old fashioned candles on that one. Once when I was little we decorated a tree cut from our woods with the old candle holders and candles and homemade ornaments. It was so fun.

Faith said...

Oh I bet that was a most beautiful tree, simple, and lovely.

glor said...

What a beautiful picture. Can you just imagine standing in that square... I can just hear the distant songs being sung by carolers. Your posts always being such peace and serenity. Have a wonderful night, keep warm.

Doris Sturm said...

I love all conifers of the Pine family (cedar, fir, hemlock, larch, pine, and spruce) because I love the scent of a their sap. We always cut a fir tree for our Tannenbaum in Germany and when they are freshly cut, they have a nice, strong scent with orange undertones...just lovely.

I recently discovered on my many walks around the lake that the bald (swam) cypress yields a small, round cone that smells very similar to pine and I've been collecting them to place in the Christmas tree stand for my artificial tree and it smells nice every time I walk in from the outside. (one learns to improvise!)

Faith said...

I know what you mean Doris,(improvise) we buy fresh pine garland and I have it in the living room..it is probably my very most favorite smell of Christmas....and reminds me of my
childhood Christmas. No fresh tree this year again..maybe next...until
we are once again gainfully employed...waiting to hear any day now....and praying every day now...
thanks for stopping in.

Clara said...

Somehow just staring at this lovely picture I can enter it and feel the snow on my face and the cold air and the lovely lights shining from the tree and from within the windows. Delightful!