Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A brief diversion...a tale of two seasons

Cleveland Ohio, Lighthouse at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie
Summertime


The combination of the wind, and the waves from Lake Erie splashing up against the light house,
is now an ICE HOUSE
 


9 comments:

Charlotte said...

I saw this on the news yesterday! Remarkable! That's cold!

glor said...

Oh my goodness ... both pictures are beautiful but I would never have thought of them being the same place. Winter has transformed the light house into an ice castle.

Clara said...

In following your label for the blog post today Faith, it is simply beautiful!

Faith said...

I guess this made the national news as well. the video is amazing the light play, with the seagulls
and waves crashing up..for a change we made the news here, and it about something interesting.

Doris Sturm said...

OMG, that looks like an explosion against the side of the lighthouse on the second photo - what happened there? I must be blind, but I can't make it out?

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Wow, that's ICE? That's crazy cold.

April Cottage Ramblings said...

This made our national news in the UK. So it is nice to see the lighthouse in the summer. Thank you.
Jayne

lovestitch said...

Dear Faith,
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I do appreciate! I really enjoy your posts, and also become your follower so I could visit you more often.
Have a wonderful weekend!
xxx

Faith said...

Oh it is crazy cold here 19 degrees..Doris...that explosion is the waves of Lake Erie crashing up on the lighthouse, I wouldn't want to be thelight keeper...I wonder what they did back in the day...brrrrrrr....