Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Crochet Gingerbread house...coming along...a WIP completion 2011?

Well, I am this far..nowhere near done..so I'm not going to rush anything..creativity takes times no?
I work on what I am led to do..and it flows better that way. I always add my own little nuances to the things I make. Our personality as well as talent and love of the craft go into each piece we make doesn't it..it
becomes part of us. The candy canes..are not attached..these are pipe cleaner which are irrediscent in color,but are not permanent.  I have the windows crocheted but not affixed, and the gum drops are yet to come or a variation thereof. Today, I have a few gingerbread folks I will finish up, and see where they play into the little place. I have a few ideas, and they keep changing and evolving...so it will be interesting to see
where this takes us..

10 comments:

~Niki~ said...

oh my goodness~super cute!

pam @ iLoveShelling said...

The front with the candies looks adorable. Have you asked Santa to lend you a coupel of elves to help you finish by Christmas?

Faith said...

Great Idea...he surely must have a few "spare" helpers...hee hee....I never thought of it....thanks for the suggestion.

glor said...

This is outstanding. I love it!!! What a holiday piece. By the way, I can't find my snow ... I think I lost the email ... boo hoo.

TypsTatting said...

Love the House it's really cute, where did you get the pattern if I may be as so bold as to ask!

Cindy said...

Faith This is sooooo cute.
I want one and some of the ribbon candy..let me know how much..and it doesn't have to be for this year..It would be my one time a year splurge on something Chrismasy for next year!!

Hugs Cindy

Clara said...

How perfectly lovely.

pattas said...

It is coming along beautifully..
Well done :))

Faith said...

Ladies your comments make me giggle with delight..thank you.
I ordered the pattern online..couldn't find a free one. Here is the link...

http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page8522.htm

Faith said...

Ladies your comments make me giggle with delight..thank you.
I ordered the pattern online..couldn't find a free one. Here is the link...

http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page8522.htm