Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I have been down this path..hundreds of times in my mind..

Photo Courtesy of Miss Pam with permisson
Calgon take me away place...thank you Pam
remember the old Calgon commercial? I am Vintage I told you that...
For those of you who have been with me a while, you know that my first blog, (the broken one)
was about two of my loves the Sea & Crochet.  For the record I live in Ohio..not anywhere the Sea.  Crochet, that I can do anywhere...that is why I love it,  it is portable. By the
way since I was unable re-use crochet by the sea...
I added it to the end of my new name, How's bout that?
I stop and visit Miss Pam daily, it is my Calgon Moment.. 
Today, as we approach the end of this year, and hold hopes high for next year, I am reminded that right before the dawn is the darkest time. I am looking for the dawn, and hope it comes soon for this family, and others in our situation.  
So, I appreciate Pam so much and her love of the Sea, and her ability to make it real for me, when this is
just a dream of  mine, to bring it real for me to hear, and see the sights and souds and all those wonderful Seashells...piles and piles of them..oh my...
How many times have in my head I have I went there, with my pail and bucket, with my floppy Mrs Drum hat, to walk on the sandy beach and hear the sound of the roaring shore, walking on the soft carpet of sand warmed by the sun. Seeing the surf gently washing up to shore it's beautiful and wonderful treasures from the depths of the Ocean. Oh such wonderment...such joy this brings to my weary heart.made of...   
It is what dreams are made of.and
maybe someday...I will meet Miss Pam on that Beach..look for me Pam, I'm the one with the floppy Mrs. Drum hat, the pail, and SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR....sitting  on a pile of hugh shells....nothing could make me happier...:)


Simple Blessings to you all this day, whatever you find that makes your heart dance with joy, or brings you comfort...
Simple Sweet Blessings..may they FIND you..

9 comments:

glor said...

Ahhh, there's that serenity. Quite a few years ago I remember walking the beach and picking up sea shells, seemed like tons of them, this one evening. I figured each night of my stay I would walk and pick but for some reason there was only that one night, all the others the sand had washed clean. It was like that one night was for me. The sea is an amazing entity, certainly to be respected for it is most forceful, but it also holds such tranquillity and peace.

Faith said...

I wish we could walk and talk and look for shells Glor. join me on
the beach, and bring your Mrs. Drum floppy hat.

Clara said...

Such beautiful words and thoughts, thank you Faith for "taking me away" even for a moment.

Faith said...

Dear Clara, you are ever so welcom.it was a lovely trip to the beach with you...love your floppy Mrs.Drum hat...We just have to get a way some time..stop at Pam's and watch the videos of people shelling..she has many video's on her side bar to take you away anytime.It is so grand...I love it.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy (almost) new year to you and yours. Walks along the beach are certainly very relaxing and allow us to enjoy the moment. I hope you find time to crochet soon. Best wishes, Tammy

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Thank you for the reminder that I need to get out and both enjoy and photograph our own beach and Gulf. Having grown up with it, we tend to take it for granted, but it can be both beautiful and frightening (hurricanes). We don't get a lot of the shells here on our beaches because of the barrier islands, but when we venture over to the Alabama and Florida beaches, shells are the first thing I look for!

Happy New Year Faith!

Doris Sturm said...

I know what you mean. I miss the ocean having lived in Southern California for over 30 years I've made friends with the Pacific after arriving there way back when in 71. I was not born and raised an ocean lover. I still have a healthy respect for it and won't surf or scuba dive - but I love to look at it and let the waves tickle my toes (yeah, I'm a real chicken) but it sure was nice listening to the waves and watching the sunsets. I miss it terribly!

Sarah said...

What a blessing this post is! You have described my heart exactly! I do love the ocean and long for it too. You have a beautiful blog and are an inspiration too! Blessings to you!

Faith said...

C'mon Sarah grab your hook n yarn,
your floppy hat...let's go shellin...What lovely comments, thank you for becoming a friend, we have nice people here and you are always welcome.