Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A schneeeeeeeeeeek peek.....the GB sprawling ranch..

The formerly known as GB house, is now a sprawling ranch...a little larger than expected...still a WIP. I think the next time I make one of these little beauties, I will cut the cardboard first and then crochet to size. I crochet loose, it is a little bit to big for a house. I am thinking GB Church/Cathedral.. I completely failed at making the cardboard cut outs..they were most lopsided..DH helped and squared everything up and it all fit together..thank you Honey.. I wanted to rip it out and start over, but he spent time measuring and things the way men do, plumbing up the sides and whatever....So, I am keeping as it, because we spent about 2 hours of quality family fun he & I making this, and few laughs as well, as he marveled over my technical, and measurement skills. There is now a memory to go with the Cathedral...
One side of the Roof

or gingerbread Church,  so is the plan...Stay tuned for more reveals...I have a ways to go yet, the piping and trim, and the candy...windows,etc....

The milk carton plastic ring wreath..the pinecones come from a little Charlie Brown pine at my younges school, I have collected quite of few of them, the work great on little projects like this.


9 comments:

Cindy said...

Faith..what is WIP mean..and girl If I attempted to even try to make that..no telling what shape it would of ended up as..lol
I can not wait to see the finished project!!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Looking good to me!!

glor said...

Oh Faith, its beautiful what I'm seeing so far. The wreath and pinecones is adorable...can't wait to see it finished. My first thought when I saw the "range" was a covered bridge ... wouldn't that be neat! Have a wonderful, blessed day and weekend.

Faith said...

Glor, I like the idea of the covered bridge too..it would be neat and the possibilities...You have a wonderful day too..

Faith said...

Hi CIndy
WIP- WOrk in Progress...hee hee a little crochet lingo...too funny....

Faith said...

Thanks, Mary I see you are having
a giveaway....for some cookware...stop by Mary's place y'all....

Clara said...

We want to see this now! Don't make us wait too much longer Faith!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that "Fred" helped you out with this Ethel!!! Very sweet of him, and yes.. wonderful memories in the making now! This looks like it's going to be so CUTE!! Can't wait to see it when it's all done!... Have a great weekend! ~Lucy

Faith said...

Hi Clara, what you see is all Ihave done...contemplating what to do next..working today/tomarrow,not much hook moving will be going on I'm afraid.

Lucy,
Fred is most helpful and analytical in these times..you know how guys are, angles and measurements..not my cup of tea. thanks for commenting on the ranch house cathedral,covered bridge, formerly known as the gingerbread house...heee.....