Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Woman Daybook Entry


To journal along with us..click on the picture on my side bar. It will take you Miss Peggy's place, for the directions.  

FOR TODAY  December 21,2010



Outside my window...It is wintertime, the first day! The shades of the vibrant red,orange  and yellow have been replaced with the starkness of the white snow against the blue gray sky, with only the brown now resting trees gaining energy to produce a beautiful rainbow hue springtime. Oh the glory of nature and the beauty it provides us, just look up..It is all around us. Beauty
is in every thing. God put it there. Look Around !  


I am thinking... That the path is being prepared on the heel of my Angel. All is Calm. Unfolding carefully, never to late or to early but right on time.  
I am thankful for..Thank you Grace. Grace is my Guardian Angel. She is a real presence in my life, and has a very difficult job with this human. But she is pure love and guides me gently along.  

From the kitchen...this week...we are having Hungarian Chicken Paprikash. It is our tradition to have this simple but warm and flavorfull dish on Christmas Eve. I will be preparing this with homemade dumplings, just as my mother, and grandmother did in the same way. By hand. It is what makes me happy.
What I am wearing...my soft comfy clothes, what else is there?

I am creating...perhaps a CAL at Crochet Galore, wonder what lovely Gloria has in store for us? I am ready for some thread crochet. Making something lacy and lovely, how divine is that? 

I am going...to be happy, and receive what is given, and share what I have, to be hopeful and diligent, open
and ready.  

I am reading...Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush, such an elegant classy 1st lady.
I am hoping...and looking forward to the New Year. I love beginnings with prospects of a fresh and new start for everything. Of  hopefullness and the freedom to explore and evolve.   
I am hearing...the treadmill in the basement, as my dear sweet husband walks for his health, until he can once again go outside and enjoy the nature walks, weather permitting.

Around the house...a little laundry folding, getting things in order, I love being at home..and don't want to be anywhere else. Well, I wouldn't mind being on Sanibel Island looking for sea shells.. Oh the stuff dreams are made of...someday...maybe someday....I will walk the warm beach, with my pail looking for treasures from
the bountiful sea...With my floppy hat and my heart open to sunshine and frest salt air. The water and the waves are a comfort to me. Oops. this was supposed to be a around the house entry....:)

One of my favorite things...Christmas songs which have bells in them, church bells, sleigh bells.
A few plans for the rest of the week: It is Christmas week, what is done is done, relax and enjoy
the Holiday Season, with my sweet husband and two boys.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing.. I love all the shades and sizes of the Pines, but I think my favorite is tthe Blue Spruce.  The Evergreens, a blessing and splash of color in our winter world.

7 comments:

glor said...

Oh what a beautiful post, I am heading out so I have to come back later to reread but once again you've touched my heart. Your dinner for Christmas Eve sounds wonderful, would you have the recipe handy?? Either that or I'll just have to bundle everyone up and stop by to partake with you all!!! Have a most wonderful, blessed day. Back later.

Beansieleigh said...

Hmmm.. Hungarian Chicken Paprikash? I have never had that before! I will have to look up a recipe, and see what that's about!.. We're going to a friend's house for Christmas Eve, but I asked the kids what they wanted for Christmas dinner this year.. They had it narrowed down to ham or lasagna.. Then they decided on the lasagna! Now, if I can just remember to pick up the fresh Italian bread the day before, I'll be o.k.! ~Lucy

Faith said...

I do have the recipe, ever so simple, be happy to share. Bundle up the family Gloria, I make plenty.

Lucy, I am up for the lasagna..good choice...I have some Italian Bread, I'll bring it up for
you....Ethyl

Ann Nichols said...

Dear Faith,
Thanks so much for coming by my blog! You have a lovely style of writing! Do keep it up! Writing - story telling, whether real stories or those of the imagination - is innate to all humans; I honestly don't know how people can't write! :) So happy to meet you and very happy to be your newest follower (can't wait to see where you will go with your writing!)
Blessings for a wonderful Christmas!
Ann

Faith said...

Ann, hi thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere with such sweet compliments. Please stop by again..
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Doris Sturm said...

What a lovely post - perfect pre-Christmas sentiments. I do wish you a a lovely and blessed Christmas!

Clara said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Faith and all the best in 2011!