Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This is the reason for our season..Merry Christmas

This is one of those banner flags. On a another trip to the Garden Center, I found this. Gorgeous..!
I don't hang it outside..For it would get stolen, and the weather would ruin in. But I do hang it in the front window so everybody that passes will be reminded of the reason, and we can see it inside as well.  
Doesn't Joseph look like Charlton Heston?  Look at that precious Babe.
I did put a border around it to soften up the edges, the picture was a bit askew and had part of my
couch in it...oh I do try with that camera.

8 comments:

pattas said...

This is lovely.. It looks like a pic our friends paint on the cakes they make every Christmas to give to the neady.. They are such wonderful ppl, they make some 30 odd fruit cakes fully iced and always with a Christmas scene..:))

Faith said...

Love fruitcake. I bet those are some very pretty cakes, what talent.

glor said...

What a beautiful banner. Speaks so profoundly of the season. Its one of those "pictures of the heart" that you speak of. I have to write about that ... pictures of the heart. Such treasures, aren't they and thank you for giving me some. Blessings.

Doris Sturm said...

Yes, what a lovely image - it's good to remind folks of why we are celebrating this time of year because many have gotten side-tracked and make it all about presents!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your banner is just beautiful! I'll bet everyone enjoys it as they walk by and I'm glad you can see it from inside too! Thanks for joining the party:@)

Faith said...

Thanks for stopping by, I'llput up the link.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

A nativity banner...what a wonderful idea! I love how your display it for all to see :)

Merry CHRISTmas!
Gail

Faith said...

Hi Gail...thank you for stopping by...how sweet of you to leave a comment, and I will return the favor and stop over at your place. I like that name...Faithfulness Farm....