Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Now a wee bit of Vintage...The Ghost & Mrs. Muir 1947- One of my Favorites....

The ghost and Mrs. Muir 1947 ish...Gene Tierny & Rex Harrison..The window shot, one of my favorites..it overlooks the sea. The beautiful old Victorian House overlooks the Sea.. Is she just not beautiful? And he,
man oh man,,,,As a young girl I watched the TV show with the same name...Hope Lang and Edward
Muldare. My husband picked up the 1947 version at the Library for me. I won't ruin the plot for you
if you've never seen it.  Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to live in house like this, by the sea,
wonder if the Captain comes with it? 
SOLD!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Rex Harrison--major swooning!!

Faith said...

oh yeah.....he can haunt my house anytime....hee hee

Sharon Marie said...

I loved the television show! I saw the movie many years ago. Might have to check it out again. Wonder if it's online at hulu? I'll have to check and see!

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello Faith,
Thank you for stopping by to see me. I like your header.
Mama Bear

glor said...

I loved the tv series. I've never seen the whole movie, would like to though.

Mausie1 said...

I was just perusing your blog which I found through Gloria from http://glor-crochetgalore.blogspot.com/
and found this post.. I love this movie. the old one and the series with Hope Lange which was a bit funny but the old one oh my. a love story to end all.. Your right living in a house like that was a dream of mine at that time......Hugs and nice to meet you
Birgit

Faith said...

Birgit, the pleasure is all mine,
thanks for stopping by I hope you stop again..