Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A tisket, a tasket ... a little crochet basket....

potholder (decoration)...Since I lost the old blog, I showing re-runs until I make something new...I'm working on finding a project...mayhap another potholder...it seems a waste to have a beautiful winter day, good enough to cozy up and find something beautiful to create...so I must find something....I'll go through the old pattern book, and see what strikes my fancy..I'm
thinking thread here....not yarn...I just finished up that Hexy afghan lots of  scrap yarn used up there...I need a brief break..But for now..I am off to put up some starter, for tomarrows homemade hot rolls by poplular demand.  I have sourdough starter in the f ridge...it needs to warm up and do it's magic..
Until next time
May you have many happy moments this day, enough to make your heart dance with glee...  

5 comments:

glor said...

Beautiful potholder, can't wait to see what you pick to make! I'm glad you are re-running the pictures because they deserve to be here. What a great relaxing picture ... I love it! Have a super fantastic day. Blessings and all good to you.

Gina said...

I love the old potholder patterns. I've made a few but never seem to have time to make as many as I want to yet. They're too pretty to use!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I think I have that same old booklet, so I am truely excited to see what you make from it next! :) Have a lovely day dear friend!

T's Daily Treasures said...

I still haven't worked anything with thread. When I do Glor's doilies, I just use a thing cotton. Good luck picking a project. I have so many unfinished. And so little time of late. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Doris Sturm said...

This is adorable and would cheer up any kitchen - not sure I'd want to get it dirty, though, by actually using it.

Have a great weekend!