Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Floppy Hat and Pearls what else is there?

You've no doubt noticed that I've mentioned "The Floppy Hat"a time or two, or three. I love this picture, for several reasons, it is perhaps springtime or early summer, the dress lacy and lovely,covered in maybe beautiful satin eyelits, and lace,  cool,comfy and very elegant and feminin. The updo hair feminine and ladylike, showing off a beautiful silohette and stunning Pearls, so simple yet so classy. I love Pearls, they come from the Sea and no two are alike, they are stunning beauties. This beautiful lady, reminds me so much of Katherine Hepburn, who is without a doubt my favorite actress, and can pull of wearing a hat beautifully, and antything esle too,like it was made for her, even in the African Queen as in the picture below.. She like the Pearl is a beauty, a one of a kind.
I like the Katherine Hepburn floppy hat look.....it is me....in another time zone...:)

1 comment:

glor said...

How beautiful, does take one to another time and palce ... a gentle summer breeze, sitting on a large white porch, sipping tea. Ahhh, refreshment for the mind. Have a wonderful day.