Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Planting Seeds and watching them grow..a simple joy of abundance..








Starting to think spring, and vegatable garden. I have some seeds from last year which I will be starting soon. Tomatoes, peppers, brussell sprouts, (these are my favorites), I did get some very small brussell sprouts the first year I tried it..I was pleased as punch to pull them out of my garden..it is a wonderful feeling. This year we are revamping the garden and will make one which is higher inside a contained area, a raised bed that's it...I couldn't think of the name..I have some parsley in my spice jar from last years garden, maybe this year Basil, and in the fall I think I will plant some garlic..we are running low..I love the spring, and get such joy out of going to the little garden and gathering up the bounty..It is a Simple Joy of abundance.. What are you planting...?
  

7 comments:

KATHY said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED WORKING IN THE GARDEN EITHER. TOMATOES FOR SURE, I NEED TO CAN ABOUT 50 QUARTS OR SO THIS YEAR. I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN FIND THE TIME TO CAN.

TurtleDoveCoo said...

We planted some chard the other day, and will do peppers and tomatoes for sure. I have my strawberry pot, I'm thrilled they made it through the hard freezes we had here in northern Florida. I want to do more flowers this year, especially pansies- such a happy flower, I love looking at them growing on my patio. We have 2 large raised bed gardens, and they are wonderful!

glor said...

When I think of sumer I think of garden tomatoes ... there's nothing like a tomato, onion and basil salad with fresh Italian bread. Ohhhh, I can taste it now.My favorite. We do about a dozen tomato plants but thats all. I would love a garden and fresh vegs but not in the plan for now.

Cindy said...

Faith..we have planted a 2 acre garden at our farm..my hubbie tends to go over board..lol I think he plans on selling some of the produce.He planted a 1/4 acre garden at the house 3 times bigger than last year.I do believe vegetables will be my life soon!!

We are planting some of Wendy's garden today..she still has some cold weather yet in the future..we will plant more mid March.All my girls have planted large gardens.

With the economy we are all tightening our belts around here.I hope you plant extra!!

Hugs and miss you..I have limited time to play on my blog.

Cindy

Sharon Marie said...

Tomatoes, tomatoes, and more tomatoes. Funny that I plant so many tomato plants--I loathe tomatoes but I do love homemade tomato sauce in spaghetti and other dishes. We're going to plant some potatoes, green beans,cucumbers and zucchini. Other than the tomatoes, I keep it small and even so, I end up giving a lot away. I can and freeze vegetables from the garden and get corn from a local farmer to can. I'm looking forward to summer. :)

Doris Sturm said...

That sounds like fun - I recently purchased a few seeds because mine were expired! I live in an apartment and don't have much room, but I planted some lettuce seeds in the egg cartons and when they sprout and get bigger, they can grow in some planters I have sitting outside...I will take them inside at night (or cover them up) because we do have wild critters that visit our porches and I don't want them eaten up.
I hope it will work out!

Deborah Jean said...

Hi Faith!
I just planted my herb seeds today! I'm looking forward to a a container garden lush with fresh herbs for cooking and just enjoying...
Deb