Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A tisket a tasket a TATTED & CROCHET Basket

Remember I posted a few days ago or so that there was going to be a basket exchange?  Gina @http://threadsofatattinggoddess.blogspot.com/ emailed me and wanted to know if we could trade a crochet basket from me to her, for a tatted basket from her to me. Sure....I don't have one tatted item, and Gina does beautiful work. Tatting has always intrigued me I should look into that...so lacey and lovely. So without further ado....here are the finished projects.

The top one is from Gina, it is so awesome and it is a scented pillow...it has eucalyptus & spearment bath salt within a pouch inside..it smells wonderful. Isn't it lovely..so intricate are the stiches, even with my glasses I cannot see them.  She does beautiful work..  




 


  

3 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Both very pretty. I have been interested in learning needle tatting but haven't done it yet.

TypsTatting said...

Those baskets are just gorgeous!

pattas said...

So lovely.. What a thoughtful gift swap you both have made.. :))