Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crcohet Granny Rose Potholder...Let's do again...Yes?


I realize the picture is horrible...but here it is none the less...
my first granny rose potholder. I did not think the pattern was written very well, maybe it was just me. So, after beginning this short project more than once and ( no it was not the roses) which trumped me up..it was the leaves,and the dc's..believe it or not. So I did some improvision on my own. The next one will be more the traditional vintage colors, and perhaps the pattern will just be easier since it is the 2nd time around.

4 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Love how 3D it is!

Faith said...

You are right, I had not noticed. it is 3D. I'm going to try it again in traditional Vintage. Thanks for stopping over.

Mary said...

Faith, I love it and it does look 3-D. I love those colors together. Your petals look just like mine. Sometimes I have so much trouble following a pattern and I always think it is just me. It looks lovely! Thanks for the link how-to. I am learning so many new things! I appreciate all your help. Can you tell me how to get a little pic to go with my comments like yours? I have that dreaded -B-. I need a dark haired victorian lady. SEnt you an email earlier! Hope your day is a blessed one!

Deborah Jean said...

Faith,
Please join in on the farmgirl blog hop today! Show us some of your lovely words and crochet creations!
Look forward to seeing you there!
Deb