Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm always into something...I want to write and submit patterns and stories and maybe...

even get the book I wrote for my son published...This is something I really want to do, I really feel this is something in my heart. And so, I must follow..the journey has begun.
This is something I worked up, a prototype I suppose of things maybe to come. I have the basic pattern for this down, and did submit to Maggies, and they rejected it, they did not give a reason. I will perservere. I wanted to share it with you.  I am going to work up the pattern if I still have it, and then perhaps will post it on Ravelry. I had an account there for a while and didn't do anything with it. I am getting it started again and began to update it today. If I don't have the pattern, I will begin all over.
Enjoy your day..

7 comments:

Mary said...

Very pretty and looks so vintage. I admire the talent it takes to develop and write a crochet pattern. Keep submitting.
Hope your day is a good one!

Faith said...

Thanks Mary, well, writing is it a whole different thing..for me it a change in the way that I think or perceive how I express. Actually doing the pattern is the easier of the two. I am hoping that it will become easier as I go along. Enjoy
your day.

glor said...

Very pretty. Lots of wonderful adventures going on for you. I think that the book will find itself on book shelves one of these day ... as will your patterns. They are lovely. Have a good afternoon.

Deb said...

Can't you just post the pattern here? We could make it...and give you feedback??

Doris Sturm said...

This is lovely as is all your work. I do not write patterns because that does not seem like fun to me but I often make items without a pattern (free-style) and that is totally awesome because the work just sort of evolves and I'm never quite sure how it will look and I like surprises ;-)

Good luck with the book! Have a lovely day!

CrochetBlogger said...

Definitely keep persevering. It sometimes takes a lot of rejection for a creative piece to find the right home but it's always well worth it.

Faith said...

Thank you all ladies...I wouldn't mind posting it...but I will have to check out the pattern to make sure it works...I get to crocheting something as Doris says
free style...and may miss writing it down...I know what I did...but you may not....thank you for all your support and encouragement.