Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Farmgirl Friday....@ Dandelion House


I look forward to farmgirl Friday's at Deborah Jeans Place..
http://www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.com/





What comes to mind looking at this for me in addition to the visual pleasure I get from looking at the wash on the line, whether it be sheets,towels or these items I made with my beloved hook and yarn, and yes there is something about the clothesline at least for me, I have posted before of my love of the line. The shear simpleness, the air and sunshine to freshen up and enliven my senses. From the start it is all pleasurable for me, placing the clothes in the wicker basket, fastening them down with the wooden clothespins,the little dress clothespin holder I made, the sunshine and warm gentle breeze..it is an experience which I like to re visit often. The fragrance of the clothes dried in the pure sunshine...restful and calming, and
SIMPLE & JOYFILLED

8 comments:

Deborah Jean said...

Hi Faith!
Yes, the idea of line dried clothes is a deep memory for so many of us. I can picture my mother and my mother in law hanging the clothes on the line. We use one all summer at the beach too! Thanks for linking up..Now, are those your crochet beauties in the middle photo?
So pretty,
Deb

Faith said...

and oh to hang them at the beach...
is there any more joy than that? love it. Yes, the little clothes basket is filled with my crochet beauties. Thanks for stopping in.

Mary said...

Nothing like clothes dried in the fresh air and sunshine...that little dress clothespin holder is so sweet. I remember my mom having one. I remember hanging a lot of clothes on the line when I was young. Love the basket with those sweet potholders! What could be more cute? Wishing you sunshine and blessings from above!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

It's my favorite job -- I love to hang out laundry!
In the past for me the favorite was 'diaper-day'! YES-hanging all those little diapers across the line and Thanking God for those little blessings- they're grown now, but I still have plenty of laundry to hang. We also have a pool and so everybody can hang up there towel close by, while getting snacks and drinks...
I told Honey it is my favorite job and that I VERY MUCH DISLIKE dislike scrubbing pots. He lets me hang the laundry (sometimes he helps) and I let him scrub the pots! We're a good team!

That's a cute Pin holder-- I use a purse.

from the FGF blog hop-- Pat

Faith said...

thanks for stopping by my place....
went out to the place where we will plant square foot garden this year, something new..your garden is humungus....wish we had that kind of space. For now we do have some space albeit little,it was snowing on us today as we were outside turning the dirt, pulling some weeds and raking..brisk but refreshing, invigorating too.
Faith-FBH

TASO said...

A clothesline is a place to get creative! Plantings around it can add even more joy! Love the smell of clothes fresh off the line! Indescribable! Visiting from Farmgirl Friday blog hop!

Teri said...

Oh Faith...one of my most cherished moments is laundry gently swaying in the breeze on our clothesline...as well as my little wooden dryer that I keep in our laundry room. There is something so soothing about hanging laundry to dry! I love your picture that you share...such sweet hominess! Weekend blessings! Hugs ♥ Teri

marcia at Child in Harmony said...

Hanging clothes on the line brings back a treasure of memories. There's nothing like that fresh air smell .

happy day!