Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, March 11, 2011

Making Progress on the Crochet Shawl....

After more than several stops and starts I think ( fingers crossed) I am on the way with this. Careful counting of stitches and concentration is required...marking off rows etc...and then to top it off..a huge knot in the middle of the ball, after 4 hours of fighting with that..I lost...cut and started over..
It is coming along nicely, I work 7 rows of the pattern each day..

Enjoy moving your hook, and moving about smartley....

8 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Good Morning Ethel! Do you have the coffee on? Wanted to stop by before I move on to everything that has to be done today. I'm glad to see patience prevails on your shawl! It's going to be beautiful, I can see already!.. Yes, I am taking a break from my scrapbooking, to "move my hook"! I have a couple of small crochet projects I'm working on; but the one project, small as it is, gave me a bit of a problem too. I'm afraid my patience in this matter did NOT prevail! Into the garbage it went, and I started over again!.. but that's ok, because it was a matter of quality as well, and I feel glad that "take two" of this endeavor is working out just fine. Sometime, over the next couple of days, I'm thinking I'd like to get a little baking in too. We'll see what time allows!.. Wishing you, Fred, and the kids a great weekend! ~Lucy

CrochetBlogger said...

Great idea to work a specific number of rows per day to keep yourself on track with it!

Mary said...

Your shawl looks beautiful now, it will be even more so when finished. Shawls are so feminine and ladylike, love them! I have seen several pattern/directions offered free online. I think I will put one of those on my to-make list.

Have a great day!

glor said...

Looking great! This is going to be beautiful. I love having a project which every day I do so much on. Hope you day is going well.

Julie said...

What a beautiful shawl, I love the pattern. It's going to be gorgeous!

Faith said...

Thank you one and all..had another bit of issue with it yesterday...oh bother...a knot which I could not release..had to cut and remove 2 rows...put me behind for the day..I should have known when I had to restart the sequence because I was off count.Have not worked on it today yet...I am working the potholder today....

Charlotte said...

In the great words of Dora the fish from the movie Finding Nemo....Keep swimming, keep swimming...! Looks great, keep on crocheting!

Mary said...

Hi! Can you believe it, I have a pretty background now! Will wonders never cease? Thanks for your help. Oh bother on the trouble with your shawl. But, persevere, it will be worth it. My sis-in-law said she always had three things going at once and would work on each a little at a time. I love crocheted items, just knowing they were made from string or yarn...amazing!