Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The right tools for the right job...

Well, what's up with me...?

I got all excited about the doily ghan..and preceded to make it as you saw in the post about it..making it in thread #3, and while it is turning out to be a lovely doily, it is not the ghan size I wanted. I couldn't figure out how to use a size "I" hook with thread..DUH!  Luckily, my friend Mary over at Here's Home, enlightened me that she used yarn and that is why hers is more the size I wanted...DUH!  So, I didn't have the colors I wanted and a trip to Micheals had to be made...darn it anyhow!  hee hee. So, now I have the proper hook and yarn to do the job for the desired effect. I wanted blue and of course in the stash, none to be found..I had a seafoamy color which I liked, but not enough of it...
What I came home with, the blue and the green, I had the pink/cream. I will finish the one I started with the # 3 thread in the blue...it will make a very lovely larger doily...how much more I don't know..but it will pretty anyhoo....

5 comments:

Mary said...

Faith, those colors are going to be so pretty. I do love the cream color. I am working on the little dress potholder and my afghan squares. I think I will be pulling out the skirt on my ph dress. It is too full and I need to start again with fewer stitches. It is a learning process but my next one should go much better. Lessons learned, never a waste~ Hope your day is beautiful and blessed.

CrochetBlogger said...

So you got to go yarn shopping and now you've got two projects on the hooks. Sounds like a success to me!

Faith said...

Thanks Ladies, love those yarn trips....

MullenAvenueWorkshop said...

Hi Faith, I just wanted to say hi, and let you know how much I'm enjoying your posts. I am not a regular kind of crafter, although I grew up with a mother who lived and breathed knitting, crochet and needlework.. this season I have crocheted a grannysquare baby blanket for my first project in years.
But I also like your emphasis on living mindfully and appreciating what we have as a means of experiencing abundance.
I plan to drop in often!
Just wanted to say hello!
Bye for now,
Brenda

Jan Mader said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.