Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, March 20, 2011

~ Simple Joys ~

~Where your joy is...there is also you abundance ~


Planning my garden~  square foot garden our first one.

Seeds are already germinating and I have 1 little sprout- a pepper.

Adding something new and simple to the yard, a small picket fence, I'm going to try to build it myself, with my handy husband close by to lend a hand...it isn't very big, more decorative...but oh so vintage and simple.....
and the Peony Bush..yet to be put in the new prepared soil,so sweet smelling and ever so vintage....
All new garden, growing, Green, and beautiful spring....
Looking forward the planting of these, and reaping the rewards of their sweet smelling vintage beauty.
simple abundance in the Garden. 

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Faith, I love the picture with your post. It looks like a painting. Beautiful. Oh, picket fences are the most charming and add such a cottage touch. Wish we lived close, I would share starts of my peonies with you. I have pink and white. They are my favorite spring flower, so lush and huge and I love their scent. Not overpowering but just sweet-smelling. Congrats on the sprouts. Hope your day was a blessed one!

glor said...

How lovely, your own little piece of heaven here on earth. So exciting to watch the fruits of your labor. Nothing like spending time in a garden. Blessings to it and to you.

pattas said...

Oh the pleasures of a garden :))
No matter how small , just to see a seed develope into a vegie is incredable...
I love the Peony it immediatley reminded me of my wedding flowers.:)
Blessings Pat in tas :))

Teri said...

Dear Faith...love all the garden and outside projects that you have planned! Simple joys are the best! Thank you for sharing! Hugs ♥ Teri

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

I think that you will enjoy the square foot gardening! This is my third year and I love it, even though last year the heat pretty much killed my tomato production, but I heard it happened to most southerners. I even added a new bed this year for corn and okra, so I have 3 small ones & one double.

I think I would love a picket fence around my front yard too. It's not a lot of space but nothing I would dream of taking on myself - too many oak tree roots!

Have a great week!