Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A trip to Micheals....I have a project, a pattern and some pretty yarn

What do you think of these colors..?   Soft Lilac, and the varigated is Whipsers....so pretty and springlikeThe picture is not picking up the colors of the varigated, it matches just lovely with the Lilac.There is a strand of lilac in this yarn also.  I have a special project brewing.....Mum's the word.

 I'm also working on a pattern. I have crocheted a little basket a while back, and have done another one. I'll be posting the pattern and the picture hopefully this week. More to come...for now....look at these colors..... 

The little bag next to the yarn is all cushed up shells, very pearlike in nature...I love the shells like the Abalone and oyster, anything which has a pearlike sheen. These were on sale. I am looking for just the right clear glass jar to display them in..


                                        Enjoy your day....may it be filled with simple joys and abundance....

7 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

The variegated yarn looks gorgeous!

Heather said...

Pretty colors, looking forward to seeing what you make. :-)

creative kate said...

Hi Faith,

I just love this yarn, lilac is one of my fav colours too!
I can't wait to see what project you make with the yarn! I'll be checking in to see how it's going :)
always a pleasure checking your blog (I just love that windchime sound!)
Kate :)

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, that yarn DOES look beautiful! Can't wait to see what you make with it! ~Lucy

glor said...

Can't wait to see what you are making. The yarn is beautiful!

Teri said...

Dear Faith...the yarn is so pretty...it does make one think of springtime! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

Sandy said...

A trip Michaels, new yarn and pattern....life is good my friend! Enjoy