Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Crochet Potholder Granny Rose

You may recall that I starated this in light blue a few posts back...It came out all "kaddy-wampus" as my friend Mary says over at  http://hereshome.blogspot.com/2011/03/redesigning-my-blog.html . I had to begin all over again...the back of this potholder is with all it's counting and what not is somewhat of a challenge. I think the next one I make will be easier. That one I want to make in more traditional colors to this particular pattern, Cream, Red.  The other color on this particular one I am thinking with be the powder blue, I am working with what I have for now.  This is not gold, although it looks it in the picture, the color is a bright yellow like a Daffodil...   This portion (yellow) is the back of the PH.. The pink rose will begin the front.

Blessings for your day ahead...

2 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Very pretty! I do hate frogging too, as I just had to do the same recently with just a couple of very simple small dolls I was crocheting. No matter how small the project, I was still definitely frustrated, having to rip out my work; but I was glad with the end results, of course, and much prouder of the time and work I put into them! Love the Spring colors you're working with! I bet you're as excited as I am about the Spring season finally getting here! It's starting to warm up just a bit, and I couldn't be happier! We're supposed to hit 60+ this Friday, and I sure hope the forecasts are accurate, because I can't wait!!! ~Lucy

Mary said...

That ph back looks great. I do not like crocheting the back of the potholders and I do not like the counting but find it is necessary for me. How I leave out so many dc is a mystery but I do know that they can't be just added in, results in kaddy-wampus. Ask me how I know~smile. The yellow is pretty and I love the pink with it. I finished mine in the blue and yellow. I need to take a pic and post it. Working on my doily-ghan. Crochet galore began hers also. Want to join us and make one? Hope your day is a good one! Hugs and blessings!