Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Another Simple Joy..this is Miss Beatrrice

This is Miss Beatrice, dressed in her Easter Finery. This is what the well dressed Easter bunny is wearing this year... No outfit would be complete without lace, a lovely matching parasol, a sweet crochet thread sweater with the pearl buttons, and eyelit trim., and a fanciful lace bow on her sweet little hat.
This was a Michael 's find a few years back, the sweater with the pearl buttons...couldn't pass it up.
I look forward to putting her out every year..she is just a simple joy..

Do you remember ?
As a young girl Easter Sunday clothes...it was quite a big ordeal to get all fancied up for Easter. White Ankle Socks, and what is not to love about the white patten leather shoes, which made that noise when you walked in them, always had a hat too..remember the rubber band string around the bottom of your chin..,the little white patten leather purse..And going to school all the girls wore their Sunday best 
oh how pretty we must have all looked on the playground.
Looking at Miss Beatrice must have reminded me of that now long ago memory,
 dressing up for Easter Sunday.

6 comments:

Susanne said...

Hello Faith! Thank you for stopping by. You are always welcome, anytime. Yes, I remember Easter Sundays, the things you describe, the memories. Where did those days go? I recall having a muff, it had cherries on it and I loved it so, I was about 5 years old. Your little bunny is so sweet. She would be fun to dress for all the holidays :)

Sharon Marie said...

Ah, such nice memories you've brought back. It was the first time of the year we wore white patent leather shoes and that was kind of pushing it because the "appropriate" thing was not to wear white shoes before Memorial Day. Moom was an economical lady though and couldn't see buying special black ones when in a month or so white shoes would be "proper" to wear. Can't forget the little white gloves we wore to church on Easter either. :)

Mary said...

Those were the days! Your little bunny is so cute. I just love her. Her outfit is just adorable. Hope your weekend is a good one. We have sunshine and warmer temps!!

glor said...

How sweet is little Miss Beatrice. Yes, I remember Easter as you describe. I was just thinking the other day of going downtown with my mother to Sears and Roebuck, the 2nd floor was clothing. No elevators then. It was a special time. Nice memories, thanks for those.

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, yes, I remember it well - walking to church to attend Easter Mass wearing a starchy petticoat under my new dress (LOL) and shiny new patten leather shoes - I thought I was really something - and so did everyone else ;-) I love Easter!

MullenAvenueWorkshop said...

Thanks for evoking this time, I also recall dressing for Easter - for most of the school year I wore expensive, but ugly(I thought) orthopedic shoes.
How I treasured the opportunity to wear new white patent shoes. I remember the little hat, and white purse, as well as short white gloves as well.Looking back I know I was a priviledged child.(Mom was an acomplished seamstress and made she and I matching outfits for Easter Sunday, for several years.
(However, I'm glad these styles are gone now, I must say)
Brenda