Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A brief diversion from the craft isle...chit chat this n that & hoppin shoppin

had to make a run to the big box home imporvement store today for some wood screws for the flower "bed", and some rebar for the SQF ( square foot garden) trellis so my cukes and maters have something to cling on to. I like going to this store, all the possibilities of creating a different kind of lovliness for the homestead...oh but for the lack of cash.... it is so darn big, I get so tired and oh my achin hips, I have to know when to cut and run.

The temperature this morning about 65 at 8:30 am, I meandered through the garden section after picking up those supplies...breezy, mild and in the garden section with all the wonderful garden lovlies, the birds singing up a storm..It was a very nice tranquil  morning there..not anybody else there but me and the cashier...LOVELY....


Photo Disclaimer can be applied here..
Have no clue why this is blury....

They look rather vintage...I'll have to read up on them..
The weather is brewing up again...calling for more rain, and it is windy-the gusty storm kind...I looked at all the flowers, was looking for something for the "bed"...and I chose these....to me these look like a boquet in a box....I think they will lovely....  Raniculus

4 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

I love shopping when the store is near empty. When I used to live in the city with 24-hr grocery stores, I'd purposely go shopping very late when they were restocking the shelves because I felt so unhurried as if the store was open just for me ;-)

Isn't spring wonderful? It's been very hot here and I'm looking forward to a little gusty winds and hopefully some rain...but no Tornadoes PLEASE!!!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

The flowers are so pretty! WE have been having so much rain here in Tennessee also. I am new to your blog. Glad I found it!!

vikki said...

I don't like the man store..I try to make them understand what I am trying to do and for some reason they speak a different language most of the time. I have learned to take my hubby..he speaks the same language..

Faith said...

I love it "The Man Store"...I havn't been there to many times by myself, but I get that feeling too...different languages...Micheals is much easier for me to navigate through.