Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crochet Doily ghan... 36"

Finished her up...36"......ready to work on something small with thread again...
I love the variation....and options to do what I love crochet with yarn or thread....
what's up next?
Thinking on it...
Have a great day....

8 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Faith, it is beautiful. I love the color combinations. Love that pretty cream on the last rows, it looks so pretty. I am doing thread for another little dress potholder and yarn for my afghan squares. I do love thread crochet. It has the lacy look I love. So what is next? Can't wait to see. Hope your Sunday is beautiful. Ours is looking that way. Hugs!

glor said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning! I love the colors. I want one! Adding to my to do list. Yikes, its soooo long, but so many great things to make. Hope you day is special. blessings

MullenAvenueWorkshop said...

A very pretty doily.
I can see how detailed your work is. This brings to mind my childhood when my mother and grandmother and gr
eat grandmother used exquisitely done doilies to protect furniture and as well sofa's. I can remember the job of furniture polishing, and carefully removing and replacing these doilies. Mom generally did her's in whites and ivory, I like your gentle, pastel colours.

I've just neared completing a baby afghan in granny squares, and found that crocheting is quite satisfying.

I'll start something new soon I think.

Faith, thanks for dropping in on my blog, and leaving a comment!I think it's wonderful to have the opportunity to meet and connect with new friends this way!
Wishing you a good day!
Brenda

Tilly's Nest said...

You have a real talent making such beautiful works of art and also some wonderful words of wisdom! Thank you for inspiring me today.

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

So pretty Faith! You have so much patience.. much more than I... I can't seem to still long enough for any kind of handwork unless it's writing or painting! I have had some sewing spurts over the years...
Happy Sunday!
Deb

vikki said...

Nice job..thanks for stopping in at my blog..I am new at this blog thing. I think it is so cool that I can find people with my interest and share our creations with.

TurtleDoveCoo said...

Your Doily-ghan turn out so pretty, I have wanted to make one for so long, but have too many projects to catch up on before I start a new one. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

KATHY said...

LOVE IT FAITH!