Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here's what I'd LIKE to do....I'm into something...

Isn't this a sweet kitchen...?
I have an idea, I want to crochet a curtain for under the sink? Where the two doors are now..I just love that look. I've been poking around looking for a pattern.. Yarn or Thread? 
Checked out Ravelry & Crochetville...
I'm thinking that it should'nt be difficult to crochet something a panel or two at most...
I'm thinking yarn....
but what kind of pattern...where do you go to just look for a pattern style?
Any ideas my gals?
I'm thinking of two panels, and possible a lace/thread ruffle for the top?
what cha think?
and where would I find a pattern for the lovely little wood surround in the picture...so pretty...
it doesn't look to hard if your handy dandy with wood...
I am not...hee hee 
what about granny squares? Too much? I have leftover hexagons.....sometlhing to kick around.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ah, pretty kitchen. When I look at it, I wonder, does a lady somewhere have a sweet kitchen like that in real life? Maybe a country village in Italy or Greece? Love the view out the door. Crocheted curtains for under the sink would be so pretty. Is there an afghan style that would work? You could make it the size you need? I see so many different styles of afghans. What about searching on etsy for ideas? Neither hubby nor I are handy with wood, cutting, etc. But in my head I can picture this done with wide boards cut to frame the sink and then added details for the trim, cornices, etc. Of course, what I work out in my head sometimes does not work out in actual reality...ask me I know. Let us know if you find something for the crocheted panels and if I come across anything, I will be sure to let you know. Hope your day is a good, sunny and warm one! Hugs!!

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, what a pretty touch this would be in any kitchen! I could see me being inspired to do the same. I love my little country kitchen despite the city sights and sounds I find outside the home I live in. As for a pattern? I guess I would turn to a crochet book/website for stitches or edgings, then hopefully find some ideas there. Now as for "sunny and warm"? Nope, not here! It's cold and rainy.. But I AM finding "joy" in the fact that at least it's not SNOW! (0; Have a great day! ~Lucy

Typstatting said...

That is my dream kitchen where did you find the pic? You could google in crochet curtain patterns I am sure there would be patterns out there!