Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I would like to try my hand at carpentry...

   If you knew me you would laugh...not a handy andy am I..   I posted a picture a few days back of bed
made out of wood, for flowers.. And I am trying to figure out how to make one..I don't want new lumber, want it to look a bit weathered.. I have an old dresser drawer in the garage, salvaged for the handles perhaps I could use that?  It is a cute little project if I could pull it off.

   I think after lunch I will go out to garage and get that drawer and see what I can come up with... all you crafty creative ladies out there are such an inspiration....

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Morning. Drawers,old pallets have lots of good wood also.My daughter is always getting free fence wood off Craigs list. Good Luck.Looking forward to the finished project.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Faith said...

old pallets...that would work just fine..they look weathered....I'm on the hunt..thanks Cindy...

Mary said...

Your idea sounds great to me. I think we learn best by doing. It's a cute idea too! Keep us posted! Hope you have a sunshine filled day perfect for doing "carpentry work"

TurtleDoveCoo said...

I'm with the others who've commented. Pallets and your dresser drawer would be perfect for your garden 'bed'. I'd use the drawer for the main bed, tall square columns or nearly square in shape, for the bed posts, and flat slats from the pallets as the head board and base board. It sounds so cute, I wish I could do it, too!

vikki said...

take pics as you go. So we can see step by step..everytime I grab a hammer or screwdriver..it gets taken away..I was told it was bad enough that I use scissors...just kiddding

glor said...

Can't wait to see your design, I kow it will be amazing. I also was thinking pallets. Have a lovely evening, blessings.