Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reuse, Renew Recycle...

You know I''ve been on the hunt for a pallet, ( a small one) jeez these things are heavy...for the "flower bed" that I want to attempt to make, a new creative venue...It's not that I have not seen them, but acquiring them is a totally different matter.  

I've been looking, and today is trash day..dressers, other pieces of wood..as we drove down the street but nothing which just said this is it...you know when you know..Right?

This morning on the way to taking my son to school, there it was....( my flower bed pallet) should I stop? We're running a wee bit behind schedule this morning..it is raining...blah blah blah...by the time I had decided whether I should stop we were passed the house that had it on the curb..The trash man is out and about and I hoped that he wouldn't hit that area until I can get back..

Every light..stop, stop, stop...as I rounded the corner there...there it was just for me all mine..my little pallet for the flower "bed"...JOYFUL, fit in the back seat perfectly...It is wet, but I've brought it in to dry...

Thankfullness to the person who put this out for me....
I hope that there basket is full of joy today
for they have made my day....



:)
I love it when sometimes...thing just go my way
it is a nice diversion.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I do love it when things like that happen! It looks much nicer than the pallets I am used to seeing. Have fun with your new project! It will be so pretty filled with flowers. It is raining here today, well stormy actually. I need to finish up Chloe's purse for her Easter basket. Lots to do this week. Talk to you soon! Have a wonderful day!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like the pallet you found is just the right size for your little garden space. Good luck with your project. Best wishes, Tammy

vikki said...

Looks like it is just what you needed. It is true..one man's trash is another man's treasure. Have an awesome week.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, I LOVE it Ethel!! I'm so glad Lady Luck was shining on you, and that you found it! Now I can't wait to see what you DO with it! ~Lucy

glor said...

And Gracie was holding it for you until you got back. It is perfect, can't wait to see it reconstructed! A good to do project for The Season!!!!