Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, May 9, 2011

Hello Neighbors & Friends

Hoping your Mother's Day was Delightful....

                 Idle chit chat over the fence post this mornin.....I have two books ordered from Amazon, and they should be arriving this week, I look forward to that. One is the Ultimate Doily book..I saw a picture of this doily on Ravelry...Gentle Wind...isn't that a lovely name?  Have to have it for my own..Working on another ripple ghan also...and whatever strikes my fancy...The other one was written in 1940, and from what I gather it is about homesteading, interesting perspective from 1940...

                 I want to get back into painting again...something I really like to do, and there is plenty of room for improvement..I'm watching my little seedlings growing, they are getting ready to go to the big garden where they can stretch and reach for ths sunshine. They have begun to get their second set of leaves and ready to move on, just have to watch the frost date, for our area it is May 30.  Strawberries are in, and what the squirrel didn't get so far, there is some plant left..looking forward to that..my first time with those.

                What are you growing over there in you garden this year?  We have planted 'maters, cukes,dill for the pickles, chives,peppers yellow hungarian, what else...let's see...oh, basil, cilantro, lavender, brussel sprouts (my fave), radishes, in the fall the garlic goes in again...running low. First year with the square foot garden, we need to make the trellis for the climbers and I'm hoping all with be in place by planting time.

                 You know what I tried the other day? Making my own butter..yep..We get milk at our local grocery store Acme, it is from a local dairy IN GLASS MILK BOTTLES, there are no hormones , and there is cream which rises to the top of each wonderful bottle..It is so good. So I've been saving back the cream and yesterday I made just a wee bit o butter....Love that.....I told you I would love to be off the grid,
some may say I am off something....hee hee...but it was fun and a simple pleasure...which I will do again.

                Enjoy your day....

7 comments:

glor said...

Mmmm, off the grid you say, sounds absolutely devine to me. Grabbing my bag of thread, hooks and cross stitch, my mug and climbing over the fence to visit and stitch and chat. What a wonderful visit we will have.

Barbara Bradford said...

Your garden sounds like it will be full. The squirrels are dining on my strawberry plants, to the point where I am about ready to put out a live trap to move them on. Ha Ha

We had a bit of frost Friday night so I lost the weakest of my seedlings.

This year I am going heavy on the beans to dry and store. All this talk about food shortages has made me nervous.

Take Care

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Your garden sounds wonderful. I did a post on my garden about a month ago. I have started harvesting the yellow squash. My hubby grilled some yesterday...soo good. I too would love to be able to live off grid. That's for the chat.

Faith said...

It is my pleasure to chit chat with you all over the fence...about whatever suits are fancy...stop again....oh please do.

vikki said...

Sounds like you a one busy lady!! I don't garden..My daughter is the gardener so I get alot of stuff from her. We had a house built and the soil that was brought in isn't good..can hardly get grass to grow..so until the grass comes in the garden has to wait..You have a good week.

Mary said...

Love the picture with your post today. Can you send me one of those homes and the surrounding yard/garden. I will just scooch this house out of the way...tee hee! That butter sounds yummy. A simpler life does sound wonderful. I am going to try some tomato plants and pepper plants. Our danger of frost should be past this week and I need to get them planted. Will have to put chicken wire around and over because of the bunnie families here. What type of painting do you do? You are multi-talented. My crocheting has been hit and miss here the past several days. Didn't pick up the hook at all yesterday but hope to later this evening. Have a great evening!

Faith said...

Oh Bother-multi talented...hee hee it is more like Jack of all trades master on none...I just dibble dabble..I like the One stroke method way of painting..I have only painted one thing...I just need to practice....but I love to paint... I do like to get into a variety of things....