Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I don't mind being tired when I accomplish things...don't you feel better to?

I'm done for today with yardwork...I'm pooped...  We have 2 adirondack chairs we bought in Amish umpteen years ago..1 is painted what appears to be white in some places, and the other poor chair never got painted at all.  Oh, I threatened to paint them 3 years ago... Well, this year I decided it is the time. Off to Sherwin Williams I went and picked up a gal of Pomegranate....today I primed the unfinished chair...cleaned out the garage, made a lemon meringue pie....I've taken a shower and intend to do no more work today...Laundry can wait.  DH is making chicken on the grill...DONE...  I will move the hook, and commence work on the Gentle Wind doiliy....I'm at about row 5...

When you get my age...when you feel like doing something you should do it...it passes very quickly if you don't jump on it. I work like a fiend and then I just drop....DH calls me break time & lunch time...he can here the difference in my voice, and energy level..."Don't do too much, you know what happens". He's right, I fall right off the hook...I had an energy filled day and go a few things done. Tomarrow is another day. Perhaps the libray before work, a load of clothes or two.. On work days....I don't hurt myself...have to go all the way to midnight....pace,pace,pace...

I have meringque to make after I do the chauffer thing for my boys...then I am in for the evening...

3 comments:

Sharon Marie said...

I know what you mean about getting tired. I pooped out a lot quicker now that I'm in my 50s.

Mary said...

I agree, tired from accomplishing things is a good feeling. Sounds like you accomoplished a whole lot! The lemon pie sounds good. Yay for husbands who can cook. My poor hubby cannot boil water. Hope you feel rested and ready for a new day!

Mary said...

Back again, do we get to see your doily in progress? I googled that doily name to see what it looked like and it is gorgeous..lovely pattern.