Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, May 23, 2011

Is it really been that long since I dusted...?

Oh my !  Well, life happens and so does dust...I woke up this morning with a few things on my list to do this week, and somehow I got to dusting and re arranging...I guess that it was time. Does that ever happen to you? Or do you make a list and stick to it?  I do both I guess..but I tend to go where the wind gently blows....today is was window washing and then dusting...it's going to rain/storm again anyway...and I have been neglectful of the inside with the outside fun stuff.. When I am not all achy and such...I like to move and get things done..there is plenty of time for sittin down kind of work and crafts...:)

I found such joy in my little curio cabinet this morning...taking out each peace and remembering it's origin or special reason.... I have 3 flowers off my wedding cake now 15 years old in there...back in the day I collected Angels ( Dreamsicles)...usually something which reminded me of the boys..how joyfilled to remember back.....why do I now get teary eyed?  Maybe that is why I don't dust out the curio? HMMMM!

I have a few pictures ( Photo Disclaimer- you know the drill..."I'm not a photographer, nor do I play one on TV)..pictures I take inside, don't come out as nice as the the glorious outdoors... A few treasures to share...

This is my " Gidget".....she is a head vase doll..which were popular way back maybe 40'-late 60"s...
I love pearls...and so the when I found her...I had to have her, she is my only one...but the pearl
earrings & necklace.....done deal..I don't put flowers in her..and is in the curio...a joy....
another joy...isn't she stunnning?  She has of course a 'matching green' bow, hard to see in the pic.
Do any of you have head vases....I'd love to hear of them...

Oh for crying out loud...major photo disclaimer here...I took both of these at the same time...use your imagination here.....
Some of my loves, Angels, Pearls, & Elephinks......

Enjoy your day.... 

4 comments:

vikki said...

Hi Faith..just finished my dusting and running the vacume. I tend to put it off so when I finally do it..my house will look good! :) My grandma had "heads" like yours..so I think they may be even older..made me smile when I saw it. Brought back memories of my grandma..Gosh I miss her

Teri said...

Dear Faith...thank you so much for coming by my "little space" to share your kind words. It sounds like you have been tending to your home! I love "puttering" in our little home...as well as tending to our lawn and garden! Being the keeper of our home is such a blessing! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

Barbara Bradford said...

I think I am just glad my eyesight is going so I can't see all that dust. Only when hubby starts sneezing and grandkids start leaving me messages on the furniture, ahhh do I realize I may need to dust.

So go have fun outside....

pattas said...

Good Morning,.. The sun is shining the wind is cold, but I am inside near the fire :)) Pulled a muscle in my back this morning picking up a piece of wood..:((
thankfully it hasn't stopped me from crocheting LOl..
Love your blog Faith , so honest in what you write..:))
Have a great day, every day is a blessing.. :))