Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I've been moving about...but not smartly...

Life has a way of getting our attention..doesn't it?  Things get out of whack and topsy turvey.  As much as I would love to live off the grid, it is required of me to do double duty working inside/outside of the home. Of course I would choose one over the other, if I had a choice.. DH laid off, a brief stint 2 months of working and now laid off again, there isn't any work...maybe we should move to Mexico they seem to have plenty.?
When he was working it was 7 days a week, he has a part time job at the local zoo, this is the one he loves and enjoys...he is seasonal. Anyway, I found that in his absence I picked up additional duties. I have over the last 2 months wore myself out to a frazzle. My schedule is such that I work 1 day, have 1 day off, work 2 days 1 day off you get the idea...there is no way that I can keep up at this pace, I have not bee feeling well and all of this stress does take it's toll. After this weekend I will work 3 days, and have 4 off. So I am hoping that I can mend up, and get back to what is important to me, and affects how I feel.,
Homemakin!  I look forward to going to bed at a normal time 4 nights of the week..not midnight. I will get my house back in some sort of order;, and get back to some baking and crafts,
this is the best medicine for me... I'm not an out in the world with all of it's aggrevation lady...I want to get back to keeping it simple and uncluttered...
Life got my attention...
There is something to be said for.... 
keeping it simple...and moving about smartley...
It is my new mantra....

2 comments:

Mary said...

Faith, so sorry you aren't feeling well. Life can be so stressful at times. It is very hard to work outside the home and also be a keeper of the home. Many things don't get the attention needed and often times it is one's self as you are feeling now. May the time go swiftly until your four day break and then may it slow down and give you rest, body and soul. I find telling Jesus all about it truly helps....after all, He alone truly knows and understands how we feel. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs sent to you. Mary

Faith said...

thanks Mary...Oh Dear Jesus is more than familiar with my story....it is a constant conversation I must sound like a broken record....thanks for the prayers..I am really looking forward to the rejuvination which being at home where I would rather be than anywhere else will bring me...my plight is to be simple and uncomplicated as possible...live my life, enjoy, and find peace doing that which I enjoy...God help me through the rest of it.