Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sitting at the picnic bench....enjoying the sights and sounds


One of my favoritie things about the scene...the light play..the scenery changes or appears to every few seconds, as the sun skirts around the clouds and dances on the landscape. In this picture the sun is moving across the lake as it highlights the beautiful greenery on shore. Light and dark, all the shades of green. This creates such a beautiful picture, I think I should like to paint a variation of it. 


You can see it can't you/ the lighter colors of the trees and the dark green of the pines...?


4 comments:

Charlotte said...

This looks so relaxing! Hope you are having great Sunday!

Doris Sturm said...

This is lovely! When ever I sit and watch nature unfold in front of my very eyes, it always inspires me to paint...I love painting outdoors, only I've not done it for a very long time. I feel that when I'm outside with my Gizzy, I want nothing to distract me from soaking in every moment we have together - he's getting old and I don't want to miss a thing.

When we sit by the lake and just watch every little thing, I call it watching "doggy tv" because Gizzy could sit outside and watch forever...just like people sit in front of their TV, he wants to watch nature!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

I see the lights! Lovely, peaceful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Connie

pam @ iLoveShelling said...

Looks like heaven to me!