Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Creativly Speaking......

"Oh Bother"

Hello My Darlin's..........
Today I'm  needin a clue and asking questions....
Pray tell....

Do you all know somebody that can pick up an idea and run with it? Maybe you are that kind of person.. I am not, I'm looking for something to pick up as it were..?  I'd like to think that maybe I don't have it, and that I'm searching for something I will never find. But in my heart, I  know the Good Lord put the seed of creativity in all of us. Why then, does it come so easy for others and is so difficult for me?  I have a knawing feeling that I am always very close to discovering what it is that will be the breakthrough, idea which will open up the floodgates for me...it is of course only a "feeling".  I have this desire to create, but what? How?


    As I paruse around the blogs, I see some spectacular creations, why didn't I think of that? How do you prepare your mind for openess to creativity? Have I not succeeded because I am perhaps in the wrong area? Where then should I be? All I know is that I want to create..isn't that enough?  I sit back in wonderment when I see some of the items people create, they make money sometimes and they enjoy what they do...it is the all inclusive package isn't it?  

Why then do I feel out of the loop? I've always been one of the people outside looking in...wondering how it is done. Is it a gift?  Only for a few?  Yes & No, I believe...it is a gift, but there for all of us..how do you know where to you begin?.  How do I accept and receive this gift, and open the mind to accept and explore areas of creativity?  What is the missing piece? What is it that makes the connection work?


How do you do it?  Somebody please give me a clue.....Does the mind need to be clear of clutter? Do you need quiet? Where do you go for inspiration of your ideas? I guess what I need is how to get the mind set....what do I do first? Is it the idea? Or the desire for an idea...I have that..
what's the next step?

4 comments:

vikki said...

Oh my Goodness..you are too creative..did you not find the wood pallet and make a bed, what about those fabulous potholders, and the doilies, and the veggie gardens..Maybe you are just having one of those days?..Love your stuff..Vikki

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I wish I had answers...I am in the same boat with ya!

Does it help that I love your blog and the things that you make? Does it help that you always leave such kind and thoughtful comments that make people happy and bring sun shine to their day? I hope so, because you do. And isn't that a source of being creative when you inspire others? :)

Wishing you a day filled with many stitches of love and blessings always. :)

Faith said...

oh sweet Ladies....so sweet and kind your comments.. so nice of you to comment...you have cheered the heart...:)

Teri said...

Dear Faith...there is so much inspiration in the words that you share! Your "little space" is charming! You create and share a peace and contentment...this is why I love visiting here! I hope that your day is filled with sweet pleasures and simple blessings! Hugs ♥ Teri