Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Over the Fence chit chat....It has been a glorious week here for.....and there will be lovely smells coming from house today..

Flappin.....it was Perfect flappin weather..:)


Today is is overcast, so today....I am going to make some....bread..We are getting low. I work the next 3 days, so today would be a good day to make a double batch... We are celebrating Father's Day
today at our house...We won't be together on Sunday. I'm making a favorite for my husband,
Roasted Whole Chicken with bisquits, smooshed taters and I made a pound cake, which will be topped with strawberries I froze last year, and cool whip... That is my day today...
may move the hook...I'm starttin on a potholder for the switcharoo
If you have not signed up for the Vintage Potholder Switcharoo....Why ever not?
Remember, it doesn't have to be crochet....the only stipulation is that it look
Vintage.....we would love to have you along...: )


Enjoy your day today.... 
what's happemin at your Homestead...?

6 comments:

Heather - The Good Life said...

Have a wonderful day. Your Father's Day menu sounds yummy! :-)

Beansieleigh said...

Sounds like a plan, Ethel!.. I think I might try making Bev's recipe for custard.. It sounded good to me. Other than that, I'm trying to finish up on some tags I'm making for a swap... Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow sometime, we'll see. I'm also trying to think about what pattern to go with for the potholder swap. I'll have to look up my patterns... Enjoy your Father's Day celebration! Best wishes to Fred on his special day! ~Lucy

Teri said...

Hi Faith...it sure sounds like one of those "homey" days for you and your family! A delicious dinner to enjoy! Thank you for sharing! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

Faith said...

it is my most favorite kind of day the "homey" kind..so aptly put by you Terri..the very best kind of day..and I have to admit...the aroma wafting from my homestead kitchen...pure comfort food...:)
thanks for stoppin in..ohh..and I'm moving my hook...it is the best..

Faye Henry said...

Homemade bread sounds pretty good about now... With butter and some homemade jam and a cup of tea.. smile..
Do you live by the sea and which sea is it? Just curious ...
Blessings...

Faith said...

Hi Faye, I don't live by the Sea at all..I live near Lake Erie, it is about 10 North of me. When I created my blog, I love to crochet, and have a fancy for the sea..I would like to live in a house like in the movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muire from 1947, it is all fanciful, for I am a land locked city girl :(....