Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A chilling thought....

Another one of my fave's .....he is so cute...I love snowmen.. 
It seems every year around this time, this little guy finds his way to my blog...and while it would be
good to jump into this head first on a day like today....it would only be for a brief moment, and then
I would be looking for warmth again...So, let us imagine that we have all just went sledding with our
bathing suits on...what a hoot....and then come home from blog land and enjoy your garden,
only in blogland is this possible....
the best of both worlds....

5 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, I'm gonna be honest. I'm really dreading this day! We don't have air conditioning, and I'm even more worried about the animals, than I am for myself! So far I've just re-set all the window fans to blow OUT, and I've double stocked up on the ice cubes, and I'm HOPING we'll get to go for a swim later. We did yesterday, as Dear Daughter has a big in-ground pool at her apartment complex, and it was WONDERFUL!!! In the meantime, no baking, no house-cleaning.. I'm guessing the only comfortable thing to do will be to sit smack in front of a fan, either reading or crocheting... Love that snowman! Hope you're keeping cool and comfortable, and that you can still enjoy your day! ~Lucy

Doris Sturm said...

I love your chilly Willy ;-) He's adorable and looking at the picture reminds me of my childhood winters in Germany. Love it!

I actually watched a couple of Christmas movies the other day -I do that sometimes to remind me that it won't always be this hot and let's face it, people will complain about the heat as much as the cold...you just have to roll with it and enjoy every single day no matter what. I try to be thankful every day for the gift of being alive. Sad that it took me this long to appreciate my life, but I suppose as you age, life gets shorter and therefore more precious! When you're young you live forever, right?

Have a great week!
Doris and the Gizz ;-)

Doris Sturm said...

p.s. I didn't know your name was Ethel?

Faith said...

thanks one & all for s stopping by today...

Just for the record...my name is not Ethel...Beansie is Lucy and I am Ethel...I don't recall how we started that...it is a fun thing we do....

DaCraftyLady said...

lol...I had to chuckle at the Lucy and Ethel names..l.I have a friend that I think we would be the perfect Ethel and Lucy...I will have to tell her that...lol...I liked your little snowman and I feel for all of oyu out there in this awful heat...I thank God that I am in a marine layer area and always have an ocean breeze and cooler weather....but my sis is in upstate NY and swealtering right now!!! Debb [Lucy]