Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Friday, July 22, 2011

From my Garden Pantry, and a trip to Farmer's Marker- Sun Pickles







Update your link for Deborah Jeans bloghop..she has a new address

The produce is hitting the farmer's market here..my cucumbers are coming along..but not ready for pickles..the dill is ready so I made a trip to our local little farm and picked up cucumber pickles...
I found a recipe for Sun Pickles last year, and they were a hit, so I'm making them again this year..They are outside in the sun as we speak, for 1 week. I got such a tickle out of using dill & garlic from my garden...
more garlic will be planted in Oct..dill is self seeding so...next year if my cukes are ready, maybe I can make the Sun Pickles from my own garden pantry...a few pictures...( Photo disclaimer)
you see it as I do...no touch ups... 


The recipe can be found here
it is not mine, but shared by another blogger a few years back..her name is Joni...
she has a beautiful blog, and you'll be happy you stopped by...Promise!


5 comments:

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

I must've missed the sun pickles last year! I made some refrigerator sliced pickles, but that's about as far as I ventured. I really want to can some bread and butter ones - those are my favorites!

Teresa said...

The pickles look so good! I'm still waiting for much to come out of my garden too.

TASO said...

I'm wondering if you've already shared your sun pickle recipe! I'd like to give it a try!

Faith said...

The Sun Pickle recipe...I found at this place a few years ago...to give propper credit...I'll post the recipe too..

http://www.oldcentennialfarmhouse.com/

Faith said...

Taso, I tried and tried to leave a comment at your blog.....I'm sorry.
I will post the recipe...