Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Gift of this morning....


It is early morn, the house is all quiert for the moment and soon the boys will be and Spanky, our day will begin...for now...I am enjoying the welcome relief from the heat, a cooler gentler summer breeze visits me through open window, tapping ever so gently the capiz wind chines  in my bedroom window...I am hearing the cicadias, their familiar chirping produced by the rubbing of their legs together, it is a welcome sound which makes me smile, for it conjours up memories deep .
 I think of the country the open spaces, it does my heart good and brings a smile. The early morning light play is so pretty, the early sun produces soft shadows around the yard. My Black eyed Susan's are up and in full bloom...I cound this all joy....and simple blessings, as I sit and enjoy this gift given to me by God
this morning..

I hope you are enjoying your morning

5 comments:

glor said...

Ready to head out shortly but wanted to stop by first. A most beautiful post, its somewhat like that here as well. Great to share the day with you. You are my gift of the day. Have a wonderful one. Blessings.

Mary said...

Beautiful post Faith. Early mornings are the best aren't they?
I love to sit quietly and just listen to the birds. It was cooler here this morning, and gosh was the cooler temp welcome!

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, yes, mornings is Gizzy and my only time to be outside - even then it's hot and muggy, but what can we do?

the Cicadas don't chirp here till later in the Summer, but I know exactly what you're talking about!

Wishing you a lovely day and a wonderful week :-)

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Ethel, I couldn't agree more! Even though I have rain and thunder just outside my window here, I am thanking God for the cool relief from the hot and humid temps we've been having for so long! They say it won't be long before more hot weather is back again, towards the weekend, so I'm just trying to get anything and everything, housework, baking, etc., done while I can!.. Hope you're enjoying your time with the kids this Summer Vacation! Enjoy your day! ~tina

pattas said...

the best part of the day:))
Have had a lovely day with my friend Tina from crochet and Orchids..
blessings to you Faith :))