Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, July 11, 2011

Moving about Smarty today...

Another picture I love...so simple....This little girl reminds me of me when I was young, hundreds of years ago....well, at least how I would have liked to look .this is me in my mind..barefoot, with a basket of eggs ( Brown 'natch), and a little chick...so lovely and simple with her pinafore and all..and the hair I am a brunette with a slight curly  wavy thing going on...she is me in another time....  I keep a copy of this in my wallet to remind me that
 I am simple in my soul.....

After 3 days working, I'm off .....ahhh.....nice...Moving about smartly today, a few things on the to do list...school is approaching...shoes come to mind....the way the stores have their merchandise displayed,
school clothes start coming out in July...shoes included..if we wait to long, the boots and winter coats will be out and no shoes or school clothes can be found...so we begin.... A little laundry today....and some
fun time with the boys....and some time for a little hook moving...that craft fair will be here soon,

this time of year seems to go fast right up until Christmas...
The picture reminds me...I need eggs...Brown of course....)

Did any of you have trouble sigining in to blogger today?
I had to reset my password....I'm wondering if they did some fixin?  Things which were not there are there now, and I don't have to sign  in each time I want to go the dashboard...mayhap it was down for repairs..
I'm sure their working on something...it is a big network...and one thing may affect another...

Oh, well at least I can still access my account, and visit with you each day..I got a little sad when I couldn't access my blog...it has become such a habit now...it's like going to your mailbox every day and finding a surprise...

Enjoy your day today....

3 comments:

vikki said...

Good Morning Faith..I haven't had any problems with blogger for awhile now..I just haven't been blogging. Too Hot to go shopping here so I am going to just hang aroung and make some things for the craft show I do in Sept. Have a great week.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The picture is so cute! I think the simple things are the best.
I haven't had any issues with blogger for a while, I hope it clears up for you soon. Get that hook movin' woman, I want to see some crochet stuff.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

Doris Sturm said...

Hello Faith!

Thanks for stopping by today. I have learned to not force things when I wish for them, but just to remain calm and trust that God will find a way and fix things for me. Took me a long time to learn, but I think I finally got the hang of it - sort of ;-) - speaking about my move to Blue Ridge!

It was my job to collect the eggs out of the hen house when I was little growing up in Germany, only our chickens laid the white eggs. Occasionally you'd find one that was in a soft skin-like pouch without the shell - apparently hadn't fully formed yet. I'd just gather all the eggs in my apron because back then I always wore one. I also caught frogs in that apron just to let them all go back into the pond after I was done looking at them ;-) Yes, I was an only child!

Have had only a few minor inconveniences with blogger - nothing too serious, but I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Have a nice evening, my friend.

Doris and Gizzy :-)