Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Simple Joy...I think I'm hooked on herbs...

  I was preparing dinner for tonight, and I decided to go out the square foot and see how the basil is doing...and if I can use it...I cannot tell you how simple the joy was, to walk out to my back yard, and over to our little square footer, and there is Basil, fresh, fragrent Basil...as I cut a few sprigs I wanted to sqweel with delight at the prospect that I grew this from seed, in my garden from the warmth of the sun and nutrients of rain, I now have this beautiful fragrant herb...for us to use in our food..  I am now hooked....and will next year with plant others....I have dill growing, and cilantro to which smells wonderful....It just made me plain simple happy....  ( simple being the operative word )...... here is a picture  and you know the disclaimer about me NOT being a photographer...this is Faith's world again plain and simple, as I see it you will see it... LOL....  The little wooden bowl my MIL gave to me, and it is perfect for picking herbs in...there is a set of the bowls with wooden spoons and a little tray...bought on a trip to Hawaii many years ago...she likes to divest herself of things and she knows I will use them
and treasure them to pass on..so a double joy....





1 comment:

Heather said...

Love that wooden bowl! I've been getting so much enjoyment from my herb garden too - such a simple pleasure.