Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Something Crochet

It's been a while since I've showed something crocheted...hasn't it?
Well, I have not done to much lately to be honest...but today
I decided to change out my purses, and I remembered that I had made
this flat bottom bag about 3 years ago now, I don't think I ever showed it on the blog...
I even lined it, how ambitious was I?
I probably use this just once or twice a summer...it needs a latch or something. Today I wanted to carry something light and summery..
picture disclaimer ( here) you know....

9 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

That is a great purse. I made a couple a few years ago, even lined them (and I don't sew) -- they were gifted to two of my best friends and filled with presents.

We don't get relief from the heat here unless there is dust which makes it hazy and not so hot (if you consider 110 rather than 120 as not hot ... only gets down to 90 something at night). :/

Have a great day. Tammy

Mary said...

Faith, I love it, perfect for summer.
I haven't been crocheting much either, other things taking too much time but I need to get back to it. I need to finish my PH swap.
Have a wonderful Sunday!!

CrochetBlogger said...

Super cute and summery!

Laura said...

A lovely purse...those beautiful things always make me sad that I gave up crocheting so long ago...

Sharon Marie said...

Very nice. You did a great job on it.

Sandy said...

How cute, and you lined it....well done! You might visit a Hobby Lobby for an idea of a latch?

Doris Sturm said...

It does look very playful and summer-like! You could also clip a big ole flower brooch on it to match the outfit that you're wearing because it's a neutral tone.

Very nice work!

vikki said...

Very nice Faith. Hope you have a great week. I just mailed out my potholder the other day..I am hoping Debb likes it.

glor said...

I love the bag, have wanted to do one for a while and I think I may have to copy the coloring! Your work is always so perfect and the designs you select are wonderful! I have to get on the wagon again with my crocheting. Have a most wonderful evening, joy and blessings.