Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I had a crafty moment....while at Micheals hee hee....

What I am/was looking for was a small binder type of photo album..preferably 3 ring..The ones they had in the photo isle were expensive....so while I was sashaying around I remembered the clearance section of odd/ends..I found the perfect size album...it was a recipe binder with dividers and plastic sheets, the whole 9 yards..$5.00.  In the same isle, I also found some vinyl shelf paper..so I thought hmm I could cover up the binder with that...so I got that too. I actually bought 3 of the binders...One to actually put my recipes in, because the old one was falling apart, and the other I think I'll set up a recipe book for my boys too.
The recipe binder as I bought ot. cute enough...for recipes....

What I want to do is put pictures of all the crochet items I have made, a "portfolio" if you will, in case anybody asks...you never know. ...I want to be prepared and have it for the craft fair. The vinyl shelf paper looks nice on the binder, but I am going to personalize it, and crochet some small "items" for the top to embellish it a bit more.possible some lace and who knows.....working on this after I prepare this post..

\The very same binder after I put the vinyl shelf paper on....
embellishments forth coming....



4 comments:

vikki said...

so clever..you go girl!!

Faye Henry said...

great idea Faith and it will come in handy for remembering what you have already done...
I love recipe books and even read them like a novel.. Love the handwritten kind..
Blessings.

Kristin said...

Oh I love a good bargain! Good for you!!!

pattas said...

Clever girl :)) I keep a diary of the items I have made ,But I like your idea more with the pics..:))
Blessings to you :))