Crochet & Relax

animated mom in bathtub Pictures, Images and Photos

Vintage Crochet Lines

Here's the Crochet

Here's the Crochet
The beach.... in my heart

About Me

My photo
I'm a lover of vintage times and simple elegance of another era. I'm waiting a while for my special little farmhouse. While I'm waiting, I'm making good use of my time creating lovlies with my crochet hook n thread or yarn, and baking and cooking from scratch for my family.


The Guardian Angel

Take your needle my child and
work at your pattern it will come out a
rose by and by. Life is like that...one
stitch at a time taken patiently.


~Oliver Wendell Holmes 1867~





You Who ! C'mon over lets chit chat !

Monday, August 22, 2011

A little Crochet Thread Potholder Dress..

I  worked up this little number this evening, it will be in the craft fair inventory....maybe one more..hee hee,
I can't help myself... I of course need to " finish" this off, it will have a little belt, and of course trim up the loose ends, and affix the tiny buttons...

Hope your day is a Creative one....

Questions about this little dress...I always forget the details... The pattern calls for sport yarn...I used
thread size 8 I think, I have no wrappers to tell, I know I have size 10 thread which this isn't, (too thin),
you need to use 2 strands.. This is thicker thread I want to say size 8...and this makes it a decent size...
thank you for all your sweet comments....I'm glad you like the color combo...it is outside the box for me...so if you all like it..maybe somebody at the craft fair will tool...Thank you..

8 comments:

Typstatting said...

The crochet dress is really cute love the colour scheme!

Faye Henry said...

Very nice, Faith.. You work is lovely...
Blessings

Mary said...

That is cute. What size thread is it? 10 or 3? Hard to tell from the picture. I love the colors together.

vikki said...

I just love this..the color combo is awesome. I haven't got around to making one yet..it is on my list. Do you use one or two strands of thread for the potholder dress. I am thinking if it is for decoration, maybe one strand is ok?

Doris Sturm said...

This is simply adorable, but I would never use such a pretty thing as a potholder - my gosh, it might get dirty LOL

I don't do the arts and crafts fairs anymore - it's too much work just for me carrying and lifting and then constantly watching the people and kids touch my things with sticky candy fingers....how do you get them to not touch your things without being rude? Do you you have only little things you can wrap? Some of my stuff would not be easy to put in a baggie and they show better when they're out in the open...just wondering how you handle that. That's always been my biggest pet peeve about people touching everything and not buying!

Barbara Bradford said...

How pretty your little dress turned out... It's too hot here for craft fairs... but I so love to go to them...

DaCraftyLady said...

oh I love it and can it also be used to go over a soap bottle? I like it...the colors are so pretty...

glor said...

Faith, you've outdone yourself with this one. It is beautiful! Sorry I missed your Monday tell. I hope to be there next week.